back to Chris' bitpool
the MacViceBuilder homepage
written by Christian Vogelgsang under the GNU Public License V2
What was MacViceBuilder?
MacViceBuilder was an external set of tools to build a Mac version of
the famous VICE emulator suite.
It provided the following features:
- Automatically compiles everything from source
- Universal Binaries for PowerPC and Intel Macs are created
- For each emulator a bundled Application is created that starts up
on single click
- Launches required X11 automatically
- Shows both console and emulator window
What happened to MacViceBuilder?
Starting with version 1.20 of VICE I am the official maintainer of
the Mac port and as a first operation in my new duty I added all
MacViceBuilder stuff to the official distribution. Just have a look at
the build/macosx directory. The make-ub.sh script completely
All patches provided on this page are now integrated into VICE 1.20.
- The new VICE 1.20 release now contains the MacViceBuilder code
and an external distribution is not necessary any more.
- Initial public releas of MacViceBuilder: VICE package now
contains all emulators. MacViceBuilder obsoletes Vice64 experiments.
- Recompiled PowerPC Binary to support Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther)
- First experiments: created a x64 UB Application bundle
Don't hesitate to send an e-mail to user chris at this domain!